Measuring Thickness and Integrity with UT
Conventional Ultrasonic Testing (UT) is an accurate, cost-efficient, and rapid method for evaluating thickness of materials and internal quality that can be done both in the field and the laboratory.
Baker Testing offers Ultrasonic Testing (UT) services for a wide variety of applications, from L-wave thickness measurements and surveys to complex shear-wave weld inspections for utility, piping, and structural applications.
Providing accurate and reliable results, conventional ultrasound is well suited for many applications including:
- Longitudinal Seam and Girth Welds
- Turbine Generator Retaining Rings
- Turbine Shafts
- Vessel Nozzle Welds and Inner Radius
Ultrasound Inspection Process
Using state-of-the-art technology and instrumentation, sound emitted from transducers allows skilled technicians to measure and evaluate internal discontinuities that could indicate material flaws which may otherwise go undetected.
UT penetrates deep into materials with ultra-high frequency sound vibrations and then measures the return of sound waves to evaluate material thickness and internal integrity.
Qualified and Experienced UT Technicians
- On-staff certified NDT technicians
- ASNT Level III & Level II
- NAS 410 Level III
- New York Certified D.O.T. Ultrasonic Inspectors
- Certified training on NDT methods, procedures, and equipment
- On-staff quality assurance personnel
- Over 40 years of ultrasound experience
- Veriforce Operator Qualified (OQ)
Phased Array Ultrasound > (PA UT)
Time-of-Flight Diffraction Ultrasound > (TOFD)