Buildings – Steel and Concrete Inspection
New and Existing Construction
Working with the commercial building industry, Baker Testing provides independent non-destructive testing (NDT) of structural steel and inspection of concrete to identify objects embedded in walls and slabs
Qualified inspectors work with project managers and engineers on both new and existing construction.
- Weld Inspection
- Material thickness
- Conformance to code or specifications
- Location of steel, conduit, HVAC, and voids
- Welder and Welding Procedure Qualification
Accurate and Efficient NDT
We use multiple NDT test methods to provide the most accurate and efficient inspection.
- Phased Array Ultrasound – measure steel thickness and is able to determine quality and integrity of welds
- Magnetic Particle – identify surface flaws and seams.
- Radiography – uses film or digital x-ray to locate embedded weld flaws or objects within concrete
- Ground Penetrating Radar – identify the location and depth of objects hidden to the eye such as structural steel embedded in concrete
- Visual Inspection – by trained technicians
For more information on concrete inspection, read Concrete Inspection, GPR vs Radiography
Both individual and large volume/new project welder qualifications are available. Read more at Welder and Welding Procedure Qualifications.
Baker Testing has serviced the structural steel industry for over 40 years, providing trained and qualified technicians for job sites around the world.
- Certified Weld Inspection to AWS D 1.1
- ASNT Level II and Level III
- Knowledge of codes and standards for structural steel
- Training prior to assignment