Inspecting for Safety and Reliability
Baker Testing provides independent in-field inspection of above ground storage tanks.
- Oil and Gas Tanks
- Water Tanks
- Chemical Storage Tanks
- Hazardous Waste Storage Tanks
- Food and Beverage Industry Tanks
Inspection and Evaluation
To identify areas in need of service, Baker Testing inspects and reports on
- Longitudinal Seams
- Girth Welds
- Nozzle Welds
- Inner Radius
- Tank Wall, Roof, and Floor
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Methods for Storage Tanks
NDT testing is used to identify flaws, corrosion, weakness and damage.
- Ultrasound - Conventional (UT) and Phased Array (PA UT) to assess the external thickness and density of steel; thickness survey of the tank is typically required at intervals to identify wall thinning and prevent hazardous stored materials from entering the environment.
- Radiography (RT) x-ray of welds
- Magnetic Particle (MT) to inspect surface flaws that may signal potential leaks or weld defects
- Visual Inspection (VT) of welds and tank shell
- Ferrite Testing to identify corrosion resistance and ductility
Baker Testing also provides Welding Qualification.
Certifications and Specifications
- Over 35 years of NDT experience
- American Petroleum Industry specification API 653
- American Water Works Association specification, AWWA
- ANST Nondestructive Testing standard SNT-TC-1A.
- ASNT Level III certifications in UT, RT, MT, PT, VT